Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Love

Now that the girls are in school, I find myself with less to say. After all, I talk to myself all day long. But I didn't want to go blogless so I thought I would just mention a quote I ran across while reading a book.

"Love means you can never be apart."

What a great thought. Its what keeps our family and marriage together even when we're not together. But recently, it means that the girls can know that I am always here even when they are at school. And more importantly, that I know they are in my heart even when they are at school. Libby and I still have a routine in the morning. Ever since reading The Kissing Heart, I kiss her hand every morning and she mine. It makes her smile but I think it makes me smile even more. She is so adorable and truly believes that one kiss stays with her all day.

I don't know who is taking this separation harder. I can't even imagine the kiss goodbye when they head off to college, or move out, or get married. There's a thought..my three girls getting married. Who's going to be their king?

1 comment:

Laura said...

I know.. I can't even imagine the day when both Olivia and Sophia are in school - and can't even fathom the day they will be off to college, getting married, etc!