Monday, August 18, 2008

Just like the good old days



Saturday turned out to be a great day and we decided to take advantage of one of the last weekends before school starts, so we headed to the Renaissance Festival as a family.

The girls were a bit quiet at first but loosened up soon enough and started to enjoy themselves. In the end, we know that they liked it because they asked if we could go back on Sunday.

My first question. Why can't I use this as a form of punishment? I wouldn't chop their heads off or anything. I would just put them in this thing and let them think about what they did wrong. Its even better than time out because they physically can't move. And if two of them were in trouble, they could just annoy each other with their bantering. Don't get me wrong. I adore my kids.

We also watched some jousting. The girls know that I used to ride horses in my younger days and asked if I ever did that. I said not with a sword and armour. I'm sure at some point, my sister and I tried to knock each other off our horses.

We ended the day with a huge strawberry shortcake. But first when Andy asked if they wanted dessert, being the honest kids that they are, they said they already had dessert when they had the fruit smoothie. We both laughed and said they could have another dessert. Now it was a REALLY good day!





1 comment:

Laura said...

Awww, looks like fun!